Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Google Docs and Spreadsheets

I never know that this particular resource was available through Google. Through Google Docs and Spreadsheets you can create, save, and share word documents and spreadsheets. It is a way for you to save your work without having to put it on the hard drive or another portable device. Once you have created a document, you can choose who can view it, or who can view and edit it.

This would be great for teachers to use because they can save their work anywhere as long as they have the ability to get online. Depending on how certain schools have their networks set up, it may be difficult for them to view certain files. With this program, everything is saved in your Google account for easy access.

My idea of how I could use this with my grade level teammates is that there have been occasions when we need to send each other documents (parent letters, sub plans, etc...) when I find myself saving and emailing these documents as the only way to allow others to access them. Through this program, all they would need to do is login to Google Docs and preadsheets and print, or edit and print the documents.

http://www.google.com/google-d-s/b1.html

You can choose to invite others to view your documents, or they can view and edit. You can also schedule an event where you pick a time and day when everyone can view the document at the same time and see the revisions being made.


Here is an example of a spreadsheet I uploaded from my computer:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pnOoQ8JwAqUuPMbT5jaiKSQ

No comments: